Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Furry Creatures Are Such Great Teachers -- Animal Lessons About What Really Matters

Hi Friends!
 
Chronicles of Creature Comforts “Furry Creatures Are Such Great Teachers -- Animal Lessons About What Really Matters” By Paul Flotron
 
With the ending of another year now upon us, I consider how life once was when I was a child. With such a deliriously happy Doberman at my side, I quickly ask myself why I am in such a pensive state of mind. Perhaps it resulted from looking in the mirror and much to my dismay I identified another grey hair. Thankful just the same since I still have some hair follicles. Although I will not deny the follicles appear to be a bit sparse at the moment. My only hope is that with experience and the obvious age progression comes wisdom in abundance.
 
Always sentimental and valuing my relationships spanning a lifetime, I am flooded with memories and cherished moments whizzing through my mind as I often walk my loving boxer buddies through the St. Louis subdivision I lived while growing up in my later childhood. Does thirty-five years really pass by so quickly? Amazing how I still recall names and faces of so many former neighbors, bicycling and playing in the creek that runs through the old neighborhood. I only love my boxer friends Tanner and Audrey for allowing me the time to savor the treasured memories.
 
Returning back to the subject of mood and mental state. I am mindful that an all too content Abby the Doberman is beside me lying on the floor. While playing with the tattered remnants of her fox plush toy, Abby has a wonderful ability of reminding me to adopt her joie de vivre approach. Grabbing the tail of the plush fox to play tug of war with Abby, I have a fresh new way and a rebirth so to speak. Abby begins to hold on tight and as we both eventually manage to lose our grip, Abby right away throws the plush fox into the air so it successfully lands in my hands outstretched toward Abby.
 
There are so many reasons I have such a deep love and respect for animals. Primarily, I appreciate how animals can teach us about purity, innocence and beauty. To always remain hopeful, never tire of any task, and to daily live life to the fullest.
 
 
How You Can Have a Happy Pet
 
There are 5 things you can do to keep your pet happy and healthy. These five tips will help your pet love you even more and will keep them happy for the rest of their lives.
It does not matter if your pet is a cat, dog, horse or whatever, these tips will help you have a happy pet.
 
1. Lots of love – Your pet needs a lot of love, affection and attention from you. Spend time with your pet, just like you get to know your friends or pets, your pet will get to know you. This is even true about fish so it will work with your mammal. Once they know you and trust you they will be even happier.
 
2. Feed them well – Just like humans, the key to a pets heart is through their mouth. Do not just assume that because its an animal they do not have food preferences. Mix up their diet, give them treats and snacks and most of all do not feed them low quality food. Your pet will thank you and be happier and healthier than ever.
 
3. Outside and Inside Time – This may not work for all pets (obviously do not bring your horse inside the house) but if you keep an outside pet, invite them in every now and then. If your pet stays inside with you be sure to take them outside to play. Animals were born to be outside, so let them out to get some fresh air and watch their heart smile.
 
4. Toys and Treats – Animals love to play. Watch a nature show and you will see that almost every animal and pet has a fun playful side to them. Toys, treats and other special things for your pet can make them know you care and will make them happy. A cat loves to climb and chase feathers, a dog loves chew toys, bones and playing fetch, a horse loves being ridden or walked or just petted and brushed.
 
5. A companion – This is another one that may be pet specific, but a companion could be a perfect thing to make your pet happy. If you have a cat, get another cat. Same thing with a dog. Sometimes animals of a different species can be best buddies. Another great companion is a human.
 
If your cat or dog is gentle and you have a new baby on the way, that could make your pet extremely happy. Some animals have a parenting instinct that kicks in even when around human babies and you could see a different side to your pet. There you have it, 5 easy to implement tips that can make your pet happier than ever. Take the time to be sure your pet is happy and healthy, you and your pet will never regret it.
 
A Very Happy New Year!
 
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment