Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I Appreciate You!

To My Valued Clients - You Are My Friends and You Are My Family --

I am writing to you because I am at a loss for words.  Irony?  Obviously, not a loss in the written but the spoken.  Many of you who know me I'm sure are quite shocked.  Paul is struggling to express himself and not able to communicate?  Cough Cough, smirks, laughter.....

The key words here are "feeling a loss."  At the moment, I'm shedding some tears as one of my wonderful clients is moving out of state.  This client is a family made up of the most wonderful people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.  I frequently share with them the long and winding road I have been in my career path.  And, yet, I happily acknowledge that starting my pet care business 5 years ago has been the best decision I've ever made.  This family is a great example why.

You see, they are my family.  I love them like my own family.  I love their adorable dog, Audrey as she were my very own.  Another "adopted family" of mine will be moving out of state soon.  Their dog Delilah and cat Farley mean the world to me -- I love them dearly.  Family, that's a strong word.  For me, it means to feel secure, to have someone who you can count on, who shares your problems.  But, it also means to have respect for each other and responsibility.

And, I not only believe in the importance in the Family, but I believe in the importance of a relationship.  My strong beliefs, values and philosophies are all centered on relationships.  I am committed to cultivating the best relationship with you and your pets.  But, without love as the foundation and cornerstone, the relationship can not be built.

What is love?

There are many different definitions.
Some say it's a feeling.  Others say its an emotion.  While still others contend it's a verb.

Whatever it is… it's powerful.

A plethora of songs, books, poems and sayings have been written about this potent word.

There have even been wars fought and people murdered in the name of love.

Love comes in many forms and variations…

From the simplest uses like Hannibal's one-liner, "I love it when a plan comes together" to the more complex form, like the love a parent has for a child.

Having been married once, but a number of years ago yet without any children, besides my family the greatest love in my life has been without a doubt my birds — Dudley & Sing-Sing.

Dudley and Sing-Sing are extremely intelligent, loving and loyal.  They mean the world to me.  I couldn't have asked for a better lifelong companions.

Though Sing-Sing has only been with me since 2006, Dudley has shared many life experiences with me over the past 21 years.  Dudley has been with me during some

of the most pivotal times in my life.
… my first true heartbreak
… marriage, divorce and attempt at reconciliation of my marriage for almost 4 years
… buying my first house
… relocating to Southern California, returning back home to St. Louis, and various moves
... job/career changes
.... pet therapy/pet ministry at churches, nursing homes....
.... and finally, finally seeing me pursue the biggest love of my life...working with animals -- establishing a pet care business

It's nuts to think that you can develop such a bond and kinship with an animal that can't even speak your language.
But why is that?

After thinking about it I think it's simply because I "take care of them" and there is mutual trust, respect and unconditional love...and they depend on me — we depend upon one another.  I am their care giver.

You take care of someone long enough and it's impossible not to feel some sort of bond.  Doesn't matter if it's an 80 year old stranger or a 3 month old infant, the longer you "care" for them the more you develop a bond… and the more you care for their well-being.

Well, I hope you know how much I care about you and your animal companions.  That is why you hear people like Jay Abraham and other "gurus" talk about the key to growing a thriving business is to "fall in love" with you customer.  It's true.

And it translates into: "take care of your customers because they depend on you."

Essentially the relationship with your customers is no different than the one with your family pet (I know that sounds a bit absurd, but bear with me). 
If you provide for them (care for them) and look out for their best interests (they're depending on it), they will reward you with their loyalty — their un-wavering loyalty.
Think about a brand or company that you seriously admire.
Do you have loyalty to them?…
A good example of this is Costco.
How many times have you heard someone say, "purchase if from Costco, because if you want to return it, you can."?

Costco enjoys this kind of loyalty and word of mouth recommendations because they are taking care of their customer's needs first and looking out for the customer's well-being.
And in return — we give them our loyalty.

Yet, for me, this pet care business is not just a business and I do not prescribe to any gurus who espouse the "care giver" mentality in order to build a business.  It is inherit within my nature and is pure.  I genuinely care for you and your pets -- and it is from the very core of my heart.

I will always care about my extended family -- You!  I am saddened for this loss.  Members of my "adopted family" are moving away.  In spite of any distance, I will always keep them close in my heart in a special place.

With love and appreciation to you My Family,

Paul (and Dudley & Sing-Sing too)

Paul F. Flotron
Creature Comforts Great & Small, LLC
"Giving your creatures the comfort they deserve"
www.CreatureComfortsGreatnSmall.com
314-200-8561
Cell:  314-775-7107

No comments:

Post a Comment